Late 2016 Free Chapel made the decision to use YouTube Live for all its live streaming needs. With this change came accessibility through a multitude of devices unlike we had seen before. One such example of this is using your phone, tablet or computer to watch Free Chapel videos and streams on your television.DWS
First ensure your phone, tablet or computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your television. On your phone, tablet or computer make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on and select the name of the network you typically connect to. On your TV device enter the setup or settings and check the network settings to ensure it is or can be connected to the same Wi0Fi network.
Once you’ve got your devices connected select Cast on your phone, tablet or computer. Cast will work on my television not just those with Chomecast.
Supported Television Devices
- Smart Televisions with the YouTube app
- Android TV
- Google TV
- Playstation 3 and 4
- Xbox 260 and One/One S
- Wii U
- Blu-Ray disc player with the YouTube app installed
- All set-top or cable boxes with the YouTube app installed
If you are having trouble getting connected or do not see your TV device listed on the Watch on TV page on your phone, tablet or computer you can try these steps:
- Make sure your TV device is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your phone, tablet, or computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV device.
- In some cases it may help to open the YouTube app on your TV device.
WQi-Fi not available? Link with TV code
You can link your TV device with your phone, tablet, or computer when you’re not connected to Wi-Fi.
- Find the TV code on your TV
- Launch the YouTube app on your TV device.
- Go to Settings .
- Go to the Link TV and Phone screen.
- Scroll down to Link with TV code. A blue TV code will appear on your TV.
- Now grab your phone, tablet, or computer.
Enter the TV code on your phone or tablet
- Open the YouTube app on your phone or tablet.
- Select Watch on TV under the menu.
- Tap ENTER TV CODE, under the Link with TV code section.
- Take the blue TV code that appears on your TV and enter it on your phone or tablet.
Enter the TV code on your computer
- Visit youtube.com/pair on your computer.
- Take the blue TV code that appears on your TV and enter it in the Link with TV code section.
- Tap Add this TV.
For troubleshooting Chromecast please visit the Chromecast Support Center.